Sunday, September 26, 2004

A Nice Cool Sunday for Boules

More and more members are showing up for our Sunday Petanque game - we'll need to expand the piste soon!

Teamed up with Jimmy, I had an opportunity to shoot a few boules - and at 12/12 with only 1 boule left, it was sheer luck that I was able to get the point (the opposition had a near boule) and keep the point.

Ken brought along his "power boules" - very nice indeed, I'll have to consider getting the stainless steel.

Jimmy & I played his team, (Don, Jack, & Ken - 2 boules per to our 2 player-3 boules per). We had a hard time beating the pointing of Don & Ken - and Thierry's father-in-law, Jack was quite a good player for being his first time.

Next week is the tournament (everyone shows at 12:00pm) and so I hear from Michel, it is Tete-a-tete (One Player to One Player). It should be quite a few games, good luck to all.

I'm going to be practicing my shooting, as I rarely shoot, and 1-on-1 Petanque, you have to be both: Pointer/Shooter.

Until then...

No comments: