Monday, April 21, 2008

UPDATE -- Royal Oak Piste

I stopped by the Royal Oak terrain again yesterday afternoon to check out the condition of the playing surface, and also in the hope that there would be others there playing p├ętanque. For the most part, I think the terrain is ready to go. It's a lot firmer than my last visit a couple of weeks back, and my rolling shots rolled a lot further instead of digging in. The only exception was the northeast quadrant, which was improved but still seemed a little soft in spots.

As for my hope that other people would be there... well, unfortunately, I was disappointed. I'm hoping that'll change this Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that there will be plenty of folks there this weekend. I'll try to get the word out via e-mail.

Jeff W.

Anonymous said...

Great, we'll see if that works. I'm crossing my fingers that it won't rain as predicted.