Saturday, October 09, 2004

Petanque Educational DVD

Many of you may not know this, but I'm a bit of a computer nerd. My latest series of gadgets include a video editing system coupled with a DVD-writer. I've decided to video all aspects of Petanque and convert the many clips into an amateur instructional video which (besides sending to my parents in New York so they can see what the sport is about) can perhaps be used in festival/tournament displays to increase interest in Petanque and club membership. Or decrease interest after seeing some of my horrible shots!

Besides throwing my boules several hundred times in order to get a decent selection of good carreau and pointing shots, the DVD will also include the basics: from creating the circle - measuring - how the scoring works - and various boules throws.

Saturday served dual purpose of shooting clips for this video as well as getting in some needed practice. Let me tell you right now, if you've seen the Marco Foyot video, then it will be easy to tell the difference! FOYOT I'm not! More like Jacques Tati !


No comments: