Wednesday, March 01, 2006

It's going to be a different season - I guarantee it!

It took an extra 2 weeks for the special order 8500mm boules to arrive from France, but it will be well worth the wait. "There's absolutely no way I can miss a shot," boasted DPC President Jeff Widen, "I'm going to win every match our club plays."

There are some logistic problems to be overcome, namely, how is Jeff going to get past the FPUSA 80mm size maximum for competiton boules?

Jeff has an easy answer to that: "Simple. When we have an FPUSA event, I'll switch to my 74mm Integrale AC's, but in our casual weekend games, I'll use these babies!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Your boule just squashed my new 71's right into the sand!

We need an umpire's ruling... mine is closer linearly, but if we measure from the center of yours, *yours* is farther if measured from the middle... The middle is too high...

There's some kinks to work out of that strategy of oversized boules...

Not to mention, to trailer those things around, you'll have to find some streets in Detroit with no traffic lights with that kind of height... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Do you use an underhand or overhand throw for that shot??

Baby Nubbins said...

I definitely use a UNDERHANDED throw! Heh Heh Heh...

You should see the size of the boule-lifter (magnet on a string!)