Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Michigan and Detroit Petanque Clubs Battle in First Game at Bastille Day


The Michigan Petanque Club (Joe Z.; Dan C.; and Lindsey S.) were a dashingly good looking and coordinated bunch sporting classy and light-weight blue jerseys - with Ricard caps. The more rag-tag impromptu Detroit Petanque Club (et alius) consisted of el-Presidente Jeff W. along with his YC based sister, Ali, and a veteran player Tony.
Right away DPC was going down in flames, with MPC pulling ahead 5 points, then 8 - giving up a single point to DPC to let them avoid a shameful fanny.

When all was said and done, despite some strong shooting and pointing by DPC - it was not to be, as MPC was victorious in their first match.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to say Hello to Linsey and remember you have a Friend in Miami.

Juan

Anonymous said...

Hi Juan!! I hope you had a great time with us this weekend, I know we all did! Not to mention you taught me a thing or two....

Lindsey

Hal D'Arpini said...

What a great event! I'm tempted to put together a team for next year's tournament. I'll just have to find a shooter...

Anonymous said...

Hey linsey what is the thing or two that JUAN taught you ??? if you need help you should ask me and I will teach you a thing or two or three or 1,250 .

SEE YOU IN BOCA
SUPER MARIO OUT

Anonymous said...

Is that a promise Mario?

Lindsey