Tuesday, September 18, 2007

First Ever Petanque Injury Sustained by Jeff Widen

The Cadillac Square pistes, in case you don't know, are a combination of gravel stretches checkered with pave stoned areas. It is ideal for boule, but sometimes, when a boule is shot, it flies for quite a long way along the flat, hard surface. I was chasing after an errantly shot boule (a miss by the way!) when I heard a POP! and my left leg was in it's own personal hell. Limping around a bit on it, I finished up the game with my comrades (Auessa and Rob) - a squeaker, but a loss: 13/11 (victory to Tim, Pat, and Mike) and then ambled back to the office for bag of ice and some leg elevation.


5 comments:

Ubiquitous Crow said...

Wimp!
I saw you's an' if dat's wut you call runnin', den I can beat you hop'n wit one wing tied a'hind my back.
Even da Gumper ambulates faster den dat an' he's had bilateral fractures of the calcaneus. Dat's a big woid for ankle bones I tink.

Baby Nubbins said...

I'm not a 20 year old any more. But sheesh, I was just in a slight jog to retrieve the boule... not in Olympic hurdling!

Baby Nubbins said...

Calve Muscle UPDATE:

R.I.C.E.: Rest; Ice; Compression; Elevation... the leg seems to feel a little better. I still have my limp, but as today is "National Talk Like a Pirate Day" then I can kinda blend in with everyone else who is acting like a pirate...

Ubiquitous Crow said...

Hhhhaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr!
Limp da plank, matey.

Anonymous said...

National Talk Like A Pirate Day??...Arrrrg! I sure be missin da boat dere matey...arrrrg. ;)