Monday, January 07, 2008

Mother Natures Offers Up a Petanque Day for Detroit

When the weather report for Monday spoke of nearly 60 degrees I knew we could sneak in an unexpected winter-time petanque game.

I quickly e-mailed the likely suspects to play in Detroit - knowing I couldn't reach everyone in time...

...and we had a full triplette! Pat A.; and Tim C. came by after Abu M. beat me solidly in the first game of the 2008 season (13/9).

The next game went badly for my team, Deric T. by chance was walking the Cadillac Square route home and joined in on the game along with Troy (from Pat & Tim's firm).

Jeff/Troy/Deric were in a strong lead, with 9 to ZERO...


...but that didn't last long... Abu had to return to work, so Pat and Tim doubled their efforts, pulling ahead to a 12/11 standing!
...the final... 13/9... Wow... a great comeback... but this is only the first of many many games for the 2008 season.
As this is out of season, please check with me via e-mail: widen@millercanfield.com to see if a weekday game is going on. Our usual season should start regularly towards the end of April.

No comments: