Sunday, May 15, 2005

Hal Reports on Sunday's Petanque Games

[Hal D'Arpini - Special Petanque Correspondent]

Just wanted to update you on today's club meet (who showed up, etc.) so that you can post it on the blog site. Unfortunately I don't have a digital camera (yet) so I can't send you any pictures.
Jennifer, Anita, and Joyce were there when I arrived. As Jennifer and Joyce were defeating Anita and me (the final score escapes me), Mike and Cathy showed up. We played a game of triplettes (my team lost but I don't remember the score), and then Jennifer left, to be replaced by Thierry.

After another game of triplettes in which my team lost (I have a bad memory for scores), Joyce and Anita left. Cathy and I went on to defeated Thierry and Mike in doublettes 13-7.

The rain held off nicely, and there was even a little sun from time to time.

See you next week,

Hal

[thanks Hal, I was wondering what the turn-out would be for today, as Joe was in NYC and I was at the kickball BBQ - I'm happy that people had a good time - see Joe... they don't need us!!!]

No comments: