Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Prefabricated Throwing Circle for Cheapskates

I was at IKEA last weekend, when I found exactly what I was looking for, a cheap - round - rubber shower mat for something like $3.50

a few measurements and scissor cuts later and voila... a prefabricated throwing circle!

They come in red and navy... and make excellent gifts for your petanque friends.




(excerpt) ARTICLE 6: ...Where a prefabricated circle is used, it must have an internal diameter of 50cm.
This circle, valid for the three consecutive throws allowed to a team, must be drawn at least 1 m from all obstacles, and at least 1 m inside the boundary of the playing area [normally the dead boule line] and, for competitions on open terrains, at least 2m from another circle in use.



1 comment:

Gumper said...

Totally excellant!!!!
I gotta get me one of those, so I can give the chiuaua back his peg-leg.