Thursday, August 21, 2008

our members shoot more than boules

Aaron E. petanque fancier & gentleman about town, can be found battling on a different piste this season. He is up in Holly, Michigan at the Renassiance Festival as a part-time Captain of the Guard, and Part-Time bandit. I'm not sure which persona Aaron favors - but the bandit costume looks more comfortable.

I am planning to go up with a group on August 31st (the festival runs until September 28th). If you haven't been there, or just not for a while, it is well worth the visit. I am partial to the turkey drumsticks and jousting. That particular weekend (31st) is Buccaneer Fest - there are themed weekends all season long. I'll be in my pirate costume. I'll also bring along my "cannon boules" for an impromptu game or two.

Check it out! www.michrenfest.com



No comments: